PRG Programs Coordinator
We are seeking new additions to expand our team.
The Paul Robeson Galleries was founded in 1979 at the Robeson Campus Center at Rutgers University – Newark. Named after one of the University’s most famous alumni, the galleries’ mission and programming embody Paul Robeson’s life-long commitment to unfettered artistic freedom, cultural democracy, and transnationalism manifested through a network of exhibition spaces on campus, and extensive community outreach programs, education programs and an active public programs series including happenings, lectures, panels, symposia, readings, receptions, and performances.
Rutgers University- Newark (RU-N), an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise is seeking a PRG Programs Coordinator (UHR title is Associate Curator – Programs). Reporting to the Director & Chief Curator of Paul Robeson Galleries, the PRG Programs Coordinator will work on all aspects of the conceptualization, implementation, evaluation, and coordination of education and public programs for Paul Robeson Galleries.
This position is responsible for and not limited to the following.
· Knowledgeable of key arts education programs and initiatives at the local, state, and federal levels, and should be knowledgeable about broader arts, cultural, and education policy, research, and practice
· Understand how to articulate the benefits of arts education to diverse audiences, and develop relevant programming.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of contemporary art, theories, and methods of arts education
· Commitment to making art accessible by assessing barriers to participation and then developing new and innovative strategies for program delivery.
· Use excellent interpersonal skills and a keen ability to engage and create rapport with diverse constituents
· Strong commitment to inclusion, and advancing interpretation and scholarship around exhibitions, and developing visual literacy skills