We are seeking new additions to expand our team.
As a hospitality position, the Gallery Attendant is required to have an outgoing personality. This can be a fulfilling job for art enthusiasts because you are surrounded by artworks all day and have the opportunity to speak to guests about them. The Gallery Attendant duties include and are not limited to:
- Serve as front reception for the galleries;
- Greet visitors to the gallery, answer the telephone, respond to emails, and undertake clerical tasks;
- Assist with the preparation of materials for art making workshops;
- Help guests navigate the various exhibition zones of the Paul Robeson Galleries, Express Newark, and the campus of Rutgers University – Newark;
- Ensure works of art are secure.